WHY JOIN THE SPEARFISH TENNIS ASSOCIATION?
If you are a recreational tennis player, joining the Spearfish Tennis Association is one of the major ways you support your own recreation. Your dues and your name on our membership list support things like the following:
- The new tennis court complex at the high school came about because the STA lobbied the school board and city for several years. The STA was the driving force that secured a $60,000.00 grant from the USTA/NPRA that helped fund court construction;
- The STA with help from the school district, city and private donation wa able to get a grants from the USTA and USTA Northern to resurfaced the middle school tennis courts;
- The STA has worked to secure tennis time at the Young Center in the face of increasing pressure from other activities; our access to indoor courts will continue only through unified and organized representation;
- The STA provides general maintance for the tennis facilities: rolling windscreens up and down, keeping courts in playable condition;
- Future projects are:
- Resurfacing high school courts
- Restrooms at high school courts
- Lights on North set of high school courts
- Backboard at middle school courts
- Ball machine for member and school use
Your dues are multiplied THOUSANDS OF TIMES every time we receive a grant or convince the city or school district to make an improvement to tennis facilities in Spearfish.
- Family $20
- Single $15
- Youth $10 - high school age and under
- The STA is organizing a “Tennis Social Night” that will allow tennis players to just “show up” and play tennis in a relaxed, recreational atmosphere once a week;
- Varsity tennis for boys and girls is growing in Spearfish; the STA supports a successful varsity program in the schools;
- The STA is linked to the USTA, which allows us to bring USTA programming to the schools and community;
- Middle school developmental tennis program for boys and girls in grades 6-8; the STA offers this program in spring and fall;
- Spring Play Day held in the first part of June to kick off the summer tennis season;
- Fall Festival held in October to celebrate the end of outdoor season and the start of indoor. This is when we roll up the windscreens
- Sanctioned USTA Youth Tournament; the STA hosts a summer tournament;
- The STA has been able to secure time in the BHSU Young Center for open tennis during the winter months
- The STA offers winter lessons for Kid's ages 6-11 at the Speearfish Rec. & Aquatics Center and a Junior Clinic for middle and high school students at the BHSU Young Center;
- The STA supports the Summer Recreation programming, which introduces young people to the game;
- In the future, the STA may begin more organized activities, such as leagues and tournaments, for members who want them.
Your dues support programming that allows you to play more frequently and with more people, and that introduces the game to young people and encourages them to play. This ensures that we continue to have improved tennis facilities in the future.
YOUR DUES ARE A GREAT INVESTMENT.
TENNIS FACILITIES ARE NOT FREE. YOUR MEMBERSHIP IN THE ORGANIZATION HELPS PURCHASE AND MAINTAIN THEM.
HELP SUPPORT YOUR OWN RECREATION BY JOINING THE SPEARFISH TENNIS ASSOCIATION.
You can payonline by clicking on the link below or download our membership form and mail in your payment.