Middle School Tennis Information Sheet
The Spearfish Tennis Association offers tennis program for Middle School students in the fall for girls and in the spring for boys. Students in both public and private schools, grades 6-8, may attend free of charge.
Practices will be held Monday through Friday from 3:30pm to 4:30pm at the High School courts, except on days that the High School have scheduled meets. Students do not have to attend every day. One day a week is better than none at all!
Click here for Practice Schedule
For more information or if you have question, please contact:
Doug Dexheimer – 605-641-2823
The purpose of the program is to provide instruction on skills that students will need to participate in the High School tennis program.
• Proper grips
• Ground strokes: Forehand, Backhand
• Keeping score: Regular games, Tie-breakers
• Warm-up – conditioning
• Introduction/review of the skill of the day
• Drills to reinforce the skill of the day
• Last 10 minutes of practice will be used for competitive drills/games
Students will need:
• Athletic physical – this is preferred, but Spearfish Tennis Association registration form will be accepted
• Completed registration form - Click here to download
• Water bottle
• Proper clothing – shoes, shorts (no jeans), cold weather clothes
Spearfish Tennis Association has rackets that students can use or, they can bring their own